11 Things I think
1. I only have 1 app with notifications turned on. This one.
2. I've been busy today, my day off including 3 loads of laundry including bedding and pillows. Did my taxes too. Getting a refund but that'll probably go to back taxes I still owe.
3. My theme of the week is surrender. I like orderly things and controlled outcomes (see post 4). I just do and working on just surrendering and going with the flow of life.
4. Update on the smitten me. I am just letting go and the ball is in her court. I told her I liked her. She knows where I'm at. :)
5. It's barely 2 o'clock and I'm energized but I don't have aluminum foil to marinate my bone-in pork chops with. I'll ride to the convenience store.
6. O' Holy Night by Mannheim Steamroller always reminds me of my father. He was my band teacher and also the choir "director" at my church (Catholic) growing up. I can distinctly remember them singing that in the balcony above. FYI I gave up Catholicism for lent ...
Hello new followers, I hope I don’t disappoint you. I want this place to feel like home, where we can escape the Thunderdome and process the world. Where we can post dog pics and recipes and book recommendations. Where we support each other as we get sober, lose weight, embark on new business opportunities, creative endeavors, relationships and travels. I want this to be your oasis of sanity and laughter in an increasingly mad world. A creative outlet where you can share your spirit with us.
We might not have any control over the news cycle—but we can control our habits and attitude. It all starts with us. And hopefully a little piece of that will start here.
One day something good came out of Twitter.....
"On 11/14/20... I shared my story about my dad’s last bottle of bourbon that he opened before cancer took him in ‘92 when I was 10 yr old. The bottle was Maker’s Mark. I am extremely humbled to receive this letter in the mail today from Rob Samuels. Extremely humbled."
Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a happy and healthy holiday. ... I'm not sure of the rules here, so I'm gonna go the "beg for forgiveness" route for this shameless plug...
Last year, I started an apparel brand called My Boyfriend is a Plumber with graphic t-shirt designs that are smart and sexy (just like plumbers!) The shirts are soft and fitted to help plumbers good and feel great.
If you are a PLUMBER or a PLUMBER LOVER, please check out my online store! Our apparel is affordable, practical, and heartwarming (aka, the perfect holiday gift!🎁🎄) Let me know if you have any questions!🙏🥰